Ephesians One:
This chapter is PACKED! Sometimes I almost avoid it, because I know it has so much [wonderful] information; I have a hard time digesting it all, and knowing how to be glad about all of it, every day.
This morning I saw a little bit of a new order to it all. Each time I study it, it becomes more organized, more unified, and almost more simple. If you'd like, let the words newly inform your mind as you read it in the way I wrote it out, just a little 'separated.'
<3
He:
Blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He
Chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, that we might be holy and blameless before Him. In love He
Predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will, to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has
Blessed us in the Beloved [with His glorious grace]
He Gave us:
Redemption through His blood
Forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished on us, in all wisdom and insight, making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His prupose, whcih He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in Heaven and things on earth.
An Inheritance, having been predestined according to the purose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of His glory.
The Promised Holy Spirit [whom you were sealed with, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him] who is guarantee of our inheritance, until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory.
Mm. You're right, this chapter IS "packed". What rich, rich truths! Reading it separated this way was a blessing-- there's so much here that I always need to read it very slowly... and even so, it's overwhelming. (In a wonderful way, though!)We could dwell here for months. Have you thought about the phrase "every spiritual blessing"? I've been mulling on that over the past few weeks... What do you think is in view there?
ReplyDelete