Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011

The rain falls,
A quiet sound.
The world looks damp
and colorless.

Resting thoughts,
standing still.
Trees holding out their branches
still, and wet.

My heart,
Quiet,
I do not have a moment
More than now.


I'm so,
glad it's March. It's Sunday, the first Sunday of March. The seasons are changing, a new one will be here soon. The world awakens from its seasonal death, and color begins to show up and appear where there previously was nothing.

Birth, growth, decline, death, then quietness until it all begins again. I love how each of the four seasons present endless hope and imagery. They're beautiful. Here in Virginia each one is lovely. Spring, summer, fall, I have all of these to look forward to, after this season of winter. A season of coldness, of bare trees, of staying indoors. I would love to go hiking or camping, but also really just enjoy the out of doors. Cooking on the grill, sitting and eating outside, enjoying evenings outside with the firepit, and maybe trying to find some way to stay away from the mosquitoes.

Thank you, Lord, for the peaceful fruit of righteousness. For the steadfastness that trials work in the believer's life. Thank you for that. The result of the 'testing' of our faith. My love for You has grown, because You, are, life, and I have found You to be life and peace, and good. Oh God, You are grand, You are divine, You are holy.

All we need is You.

The ~work~ of quieting our hearts to believe these things is a sweet one. It is an easy burden, it is light. Of living in each moment, not anticipating the next, but enjoying holiness that is possible through faith. There is no sweeter lesson, it feels like.

Jesus, thank you for today, for rest. For springtime, for Sunday, for lessons, for salvation, for adoption, for our betrothal to You, in rightousness and truth, in love and justice. You are kind, and You are all that we need. Your rule extends beautifully over sunrises, and sunsets.

--yours,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment